10 songs that capture life for a 20 something after college



Go ahead, open up your Spotify account and let all that 20-something angst out.
1.)    “Stressed Out” by Twenty One Pilots
“We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away,
Used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face,
Saying, "Wake up, you need to make money."

Oh money, why must you be such a burden?

2.)    “Twenty-Somethings” by Judah & the Lion
“Where in the world are we going
with all our dreams”
  
 Like, seriously where the heck are we going?

3.)    “22” by Taylor Swift
Yeah,
We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical.”

Finally, someone has put into words my emotions lately. And here, I thought I was legitimately going insane

4.)    “Asleep” by the Smiths
“Sing me to sleep
I'm tired and I
I want to go to bed”

Yes, I know it’s only 9:30 pm. Yes, I really am going to bed now. No, I’m not joking.

5.)    “Could Have Been Me” by the Struts
“Don't wanna wake up on monday morning
The thought of work's getting my skin crawling”

You have no idea…….

6.)Tell Me” by He is We
Tell me, “Don’t give up!”
Tell me, “There’s someone out there!”

For those 20-somethings that are trying to navigate the dating world after college.



7.)   “Wishing Wells” by the Colourist
“Let's start this world
Let's leave this town
Let's pack our bags and head for the hills”

The world is your oyster now, go ahead pack your bags and see what’s out there…who cares if you’re in debt

8.) “The Scientist” by Coldplay
"It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start”

For those days, that you are particularly feeling nostalgic for college or even, pre-school.

9.) “Where Is My Mind” by the Pixies
“Your head will collapse
But there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
 Where is my mind?”

For the moments, you like to lay on your carpet or bed and mourn how overwhelmed you’ve been feeling lately.

10.) “Float On” by Modest Mouse
“Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on alright”

Hey, I know it’s stressful now but don’t worry, we’ll all “float on” alright?

Comments

Popular Posts