Weekend Challenge


     The other day, I was talking with a friend of mine and she was telling me about how she was reminded that God sees her and all her imperfections but accepts her because she has been redeemed by Christ and because of that, she does not need to be ashamed of who she is. This got me thinking about times I can be ashamed of my negative characteristics or physical flaws which led me to do the following excercise that I want you to try. While it seems that this is a much more common struggle among women, I have learned that men struggle to accept themselves as well. So whether you are man or woman reading this, I challenge you to do this sometime this weekend.

    So here's the excercise: Get out a piece of paper and write I, (Your name) and write all the character traits you have (both phyiscal and non-physical) write out your quirks, negative things and positive things. When you are done, write the following or some form of the following:

BUT You see all these things and you say I am redeemed. You take me and all my insecurites, flaws, quirks, positive traits and help me be enough, even though I am not. You help me to grow and you chisel away and my heart and make it look like you and I am set FREE. I am set FREE because of you and because of you I don't have to be ashamed of any of my traits and flaws and imperfections because you look at me and say, 
 you are REDEEMED.
you are MINE.
you are BEAUTIFUL. 

   Maybe little excercises like this work for you or maybe they're super cheesy to you. I don't know, but I figured I'd share this because you never know who this might work for or who might need to hear this today.

I hope that this could help anyone who is struggling today with finding confidence and security in Christ.

Have a great weekend!

-Amy

Comments

Popular Posts