Day Four: Never Alone in Our Pursuit

God gives us grace in our efforts since our efforts will never be perfect. When I am reminded of this I am in awe. He wrestles with us and chisels away and helps us become like Christ. It blows my mind that in addition to giving us life and free us from condemnation, God has the patience to work with us and be involved in all the details of our imperfect lives. It amazes me that He shows us grace in helping us become like Christ by giving us the Holy Spirit. He gives us His Word to guide us in becoming like Christ. He gives us His Word to speak truth into our lives.

He digs deep into our hearts and takes out all the gunk and helps us become who He designed us to be. He did not have to go that far, but He did. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 states, "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. " 

2 Peter 1:3-5 states, "His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge self-control; and to self control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness and to godliness, mutual affectio; and to mutual affection, love." 

We will wrestle to live a life that honors God but He has given us His Son and His Holy Spirit to help us. He is willing to help us desire Him more, to obey Him, to fall deeper in love with Him. We can come to Him as we are and share that we want to live for Him. He's given us the resources to live a life that honors Him, we just have to take the steps. How wonderful it is that we are not alone in our pursuit of holiness. How wonderful it is that we can rest in Christ's power where we fall short.




Comments

Popular Posts