You Don't Have To Wait For A New Year For a Fresh Start

I always found New Year’s resolutions interesting. Setting goals for every year so that you can work on yourself, try things you’ve always wanted to try, or break a bad habit. It’s all really good stuff and setting goals for yourself is a good thing. It motivates you and pushes you to achieve something that you have the potential to achieve.

I think that we find New Year’s resolutions so inspiring because it makes us feel productive, worthy of something and powerful. There’s something refreshing about leaving behind the old. Saying “goodbye” to mistakes made, letdowns, or bad habits. Saying “hello” to new beginnings. I feel like we’re all about the new beginnings these days. New beginnings make us feel better about ourselves. It’s like we have a second or fifth chance on something that we didn’t get quite right the first time. Some may even like to reinvent themselves because they are bored with who they are or I guess they think that if they reinvent themselves then maybe the outcomes of things will weigh more in their favor. Those are just some of my guesses.

But what if I told you that you don’t have to wait for the clock to strike 12 for a fresh start? What if I told you that you can have a fresh start, right now. Every morning. Every second.

The thing that I’ve been reminded of constantly this year is that the Lord’s mercies are new every morning. Every morning when I wake up He is making me new, giving me a choice to walk in His way or my way. Every morning, He says, “Amy, today is a new day, my mercies are new. You are forgiven” And I don’t know if I can explain it right here but when I realize that every day literally is a new day. Every day I have been forgiven. Every day I am being chiseled away at. It completely changes my perspective on things.
I have more confidence in who I am in Christ, I realize that if I have asked for forgiveness in things, I am forgiven. The slate is wiped clean and that blows my mind. So today, I just wanted to remind you that every day we are being made new. We don’t have to always wait around to start over. Every day we have hope. No matter where you’ve been or what you’ve done if you decide to give God control of your life and seek forgiveness, You will be made new every single day.

Here are some verses that I wanted to share to encourage you today:

“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness”-Lamentations 3:22-23

“Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners-of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. Now to the King, eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.” -1 Timothy 15-17

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” -2 Corinthians 5:17

I hope that could bring some encouragement to you today to remind you that every day is new because of what He has done for you.

Have a Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts