Where Grace Is Found There Is Strength

I ran across this statement earlier today when I was reading and it really made me think and stop but also be encouraged so I wanted to share it.

Just some quick background. Rose Marie Miller is the mother of writer and teacher, Paul Miller (Love Walked Among Us). Rose Marie Miller has written a couple books and has worked on the mission field. In the chapter I was reading she talked about how she struggled with her husband's death.

She talks about how she has written a date next to 2 Corithians 12:10 a time when she was really struggling with her husbands death and realized how weak she was. She writes,

"I have been keenly aware of how needy and weak I am. Sometimes it is hard to admit this. But when I do, a different kind of strength comes into my life. I find that I don't need everything I think I need because when my heart is content with with Christ, his power rests on me. I am not always at the place where I delight in insults, weaknesses, hardships, and difficulties, but when I do, I get a greater taste of grace.

We are saved by grace, and we live by grace. We are made alive when God's favor rests on us, and we continue to live by the power and strength of the Spirit, who grants us grace in our weaknesses"

-Rose Marie Miller (144) Nothing Is Impossible With God

A new kind of strength comes when we realize that we are struggling and call on Christ, admitting our weaknesses and our need for him.

Comments

Popular Posts