If there's one thing I've learned this year....

Today is the day, Decemeber 31st. The day when people sit and reflect on the year's past events. Plan what they are going to do to start "new". Maybe its a new work-out plan, maybe it's a few goals that they set for themselves to achieve. Maybe tomorrow for them is just another date on the calender, another change in numbers of what year it is.

As I sat here earlier, I began writing down everything that God had done in my life this past year even down to the simplest things that happened. I found that if I kept going I could nearly use up my entire notebook. If there is one thing that I have learned this year and look back, it is that God is faithful. He has a plan, He knows what He is doing, and He will never leave you.

You might be reading this and be sick of hearing that God is faithful as you sit here in a trial or a struggle and really don't see God in this mess right now. I can look back and think of the multiple messes I was in this time last year and I can tell you God is really faithful. He really is. You just have to open your heart up to Him, let Him work and let Him be God. Maybe you're reading this and you just don't want to hear about God. You're not into religion. I'm not talking about religion here, I am talking about something even deeper.

I'm talking about a personal relationship with the creator of the universe. I'm talking about the only One who will ever give your soul rest and loves you more than any one on this earth ever could. I'm talking about someone who has a plan for your life even when it's hard to see. But you have to let Him in. When you let Him in and ask Him to work in your heart to trust Him even though it could be hard to, He will show you that He really does have a plan for your life. He keeps his promises. And He will never leave you. Never.

You could be going through something right now that seems like He's just not there, I'd like to challenge you to voice that. Just start talking to God, see what happens. He wants you to come to Him, He wants to give you rest. And one day, you'll be able to look back and see that even though things were difficult and some things did not go the way you wanted and some days you were confused and frustrated, He was with you still and He showed you new things that brought joy and life into your life. He refined you, and strengthened you. But you have to let Him in and let Him work.

This afternoon as I read Psalm 62: 5-8 I see that He really is the only One who can give me rest and the only One who is my hope. I see the truth in Philippians 1:6, I see that He is working at me and has worked in my heart and changed it in ways that I thought once were impossible. Lastly, Jeremiah 29:11 sticks out to me as think, look back and see all that He has done. He does have a plan for my life, to prosper me and not to harm me and that HE is my hope.

If you're reading this and you're curious about some of the things I have talked about I'd encourage you to pick up a Bible, start reading through Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I don't know if you have heard the Gospel before, but if you have and you've written it off, I'd encourage you to give it a chance. See the gravity of what has been done for you and the grace you have been given.

If you're reading this and you just don't see God right now but you do have a relationship with Him, open up your heart to let Him work. You'd be suprised what can happen once you let Him in.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11)

"Yes my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge"
-Psalm 62:5-8

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"
-Philippians 1:6

So today I'd encourage you to take a moment and look back on all that God has done and remember His faithfulness.

Have a happy new year!

If you want to know more about the Gospel and Christianity these guys break it down really well: check it out!-

Comments

Popular Posts