Let This Brokeness Be Made Into Something Beautiful

Its a bittersweet thing but there is nothing like it. The time when you outloud cry out to God, sobbing, feeling so weak, so powerless and weary. But there is something so powerful about it, its like you finally know what it feels like to fall before God and humble yourself. Its almost embarassing really. Sobbing like a child, knowing that you are completely weak and admitting that you are not as strong as you would like to be. Being flat out like, "God I need YOU. I DON'T understand why You do what You do sometimes, I don't always think I can trust You and Your plans but teach me to. Teach me to rely on You and help me to see the glory in this pain. If you are to break me, let it impact me, let my heart be made into something new, let me grow."

The bitter, being the pain you are going through, the frustration of waiting on God. The sweet, being the tiny bit of growth that you get and the little piece that you can see God doing. The sweet, being realizing that even though being broken is such a heart wrenching feeling, its cool to know that out of brokeness, comes strength and growth. So knowing that is pretty sweet. Its also very humbling to see that you cannot rely on your own strength or yourself.

So let this brokeness be made into something beautiful


"If my life is broken when given to Jesus, it is because pieces will feed a multitude, while a loaf will satisfy only a little lad."
-Ruth Stull (Passion & Purity-Elliot)

Comments

Popular Posts