Restless

I am restless
Tossing and turning
Pacing back and forth, back and forth
I am restless
I try to fill the empty, cold hole that lies within my heart with the things that I think will bring me to rest
But soon enough, I am tossing and turning
I am running around in circles over and over again
Trying to find the right direction only to end up back at start
I think I am going the right way but then something comes up and knocks me down on my knees before You
Humbling myself before You
Realizing that I cannot direct my own life
Realizing that the things I try to place inside will not bring me to rest
It’s always the same vicious pattern
Things seem to be going alright with me steering the wheel
But then I end up in a ditch
For my judgement on things can be rather poor
So I will look to You for direction
For I am restless until I rest in You
So it seems this will be a vicious cycle
I believe finding rest in You will be a life long struggle
Till the day I see You face to face
As I stand in awe at Your pearly gates
So remind me in this life, over and over again
Each day, that I am restless til I rest in You

<3

Comments

Popular Posts