His plans, not mine

So lately I’ve begun Bible College. And I feel incredibly blessed. However, college is still college and the work has been stressful and overwhelming. Worries of my shyness getting in the way of making more friends and maybe even hopefully someday finding my “prince” (hahah) bombarded me.
But something hit me the other night as I talked with my mom on the phone sobbing about a math course, I was sure I was going to fail. Honestly, I still am worried that I might. After she reassured me of things she asked me, “Amy, do you believe God has a plan for your life?” I thought for a moment. I paused…..”Yes.” I always heard that phrase but never really thought hard about it. What was God’s plan for my life? The worries flooded my mind again. STOP. I thought to myself. Immediately, Jeremiah 29:11 came to my mind. “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.” When I would hear this verse I would usually just feel like “sweet! so life is pretty smooth sailing from here on out or… nice! I’m going to get what I want out of life”… or I would just kind of brush it off because I’ve heard it so many times. But for once, the words really hit me. It made me realize that no matter what trial may come, no matter how things may not turn out the way I may have wanted and no matter how overwhelming things may feel, God has a plan, an incredible beautiful plan for my life. I took note of the words “I have” not “what Amy has” …God has a plan and it’s His
beautiful
and perfect plan for my life. It is still a very difficult thing to understand and to let go of my plans for my life, but I’m learning.

After I thought harder about the verse, I realized I need to just take it one day at a time. Don’t worry about the day ahead or the next and don’t try to make my own plans. Take it one day at a time and let Him handle it. <3

Comments

Popular Posts